« Home | Blogger banned in India » | Phone Tag » | In time we hate that which we often fear... » | Wishful Thinking » | calciare dell'asino francese ! » | Tanned, happy & relaxed » | It's Going Doooown » | Road Trippin' Songs » | Michael Josephson » | I Need a Birthday Reminder Alert Thing... »

As happens sometimes...

"...a moment settled and hovered and remained for much more than a moment. And sound stopped and movement stopped for much, much more than a moment."

-Of Mice & Men by John Steinbeck

I must've read this book a couple of times by now and these words always strike a chord in me. It's the time when Lennie accidentally kills Carney's wife by shaking her too hard and snapping her neck. I highly recommend this book. It has to be one of Steinbeck's best works (after East of Eden and Grapes of Wrath, and I have yet to read the latter).

I haven't read any of his, but maybe I should...

you shooooould Jas :P I dunno what kind of book you like, but I have a feeling you'll like Steinbeck's books.

Post a Comment