« Home | Ah, physics labs » | Summer Concert Anyone? » | LOL Best Spoof Ever ! » | As happens sometimes... » | Blogger banned in India » | Phone Tag » | In time we hate that which we often fear... » | Wishful Thinking » | calciare dell'asino francese ! » | Tanned, happy & relaxed »

Gotta keep bloggin'!

And entertaining!

Ah, finally some time to blog. Life's been crazy hectic lately. I love it. So here's a tiny recap (in pictures of what's been happening -- sorry ppl, I try to keep shots of friends/family out of this):

We had family friends from India in July and most of our time was spent in showing them around Cincinnati (and being compared to Michigan (!) where they're staying right now). As my mid-terms were going on, I was mostly out of the house at my university, but we caught up by road-tripping to Ceaser's Creek, camping, biking and spending time by the pool.

Then of course, there is my age-old passion for photography thriving this summer. I must have read a billion articles by now on how to improve my shots without going through the tedious task of post-processing it later. I've grown, me thinks. I obsess over how the camera can capture so many tiny moments in life and freeze it in time to bring you sweet memories later on in life. Just looking at pictures of my friends, my family, the things I love makes me smile everytime I open that folder. As I was telling a friend the other day, it's something that keeps me sane in this crazeh, crazeh world and unwind after a long day at work.

And by work I don't mean work work. As IF I had the time to get a job and handle all that I can possibly today. Memberships of communities, organizations keep me busy on the days I don't have classes and photography on the weekends. Who said pointing and shooting National Geographic material shots came easy ;-) And with 4 more weeks of classes to go, I can hardly wait to take my camera on a spin during my 20-day vacation to follow. woot woot!

As for those 20 days... there were plans of me to go to India but bloody Visa issues might just turn the tables on me. And to get a Visa, it's either Canada or Mexico which will need my [un]fortunate visit. My main reason for going was my aging dog. Ah, and I'm not going to tell why it isn't crazy to travel the seven seas to see one's dog. You'd understand it if you had one :-) And it's such crazy things you do in life that make living worthwhile, eh?

I know you couldn't agree more.

If it's not India, it's Boston/NYC for sure. With MA (and more ppl I have yet to ask). She says she'll show me more of the Nati than I could have ever imagined existed... but nah. I think I have another 4 years here for that lol.

Today I accompanied my sister to her zoo camp and got some fantabulous shots that have left me satisfied. Now I can't wait to go back home, download 'em and post them on my photoblog for all to see. Speaking of accompanying my sister, interestingly, I've been spending a LOT of time with my family lately. I'm not complaining... it's been a good break to kick back and relive childhood memories and catch up with each other's lives. It made me realize how MUCH I was missing out by trying to stay outside the house with friends, other than with people who eventually matter the most to you and love you for who you are. My mother for instance. God, I love every joke we crack together these days. Bonding, as you may call it, is like no other :-) I guess a lot of the people I interact with outside home might not agree with me on this, but think about it. If there comes a day when there is NO ONE you can turn to... who would you turn to? Your buddy? Your boy/girlfriend? Your ex? Trust me, I've been there. And all the time at the back of my mind I wished it was my sister/mom, but I flicked the thought off with a "Oh please, so-and-so will understand". The truth is... there are a TON of good people who would give you the good shoulder if it doesn't suit them. And why would you blame them...

Anyway, before I go on with my ramble, time ta head for class. Ciao ciao and have a greeeat week everyone! Hope your summer's going well too :-)

luv your photoblog hon :)) and I know what you mean by traveling the seas to see your dog. it sounds soooo you, so caring, so lovable yet so impulsive. it makes you YOU, dont have to explain to us :P xoxoxo

lol thanks Dev, you've been spending quite sometime online haven't ya :P

awies, mwuah! Rhea :) xx

Post a Comment