« Home | LOL Best Spoof Ever ! » | As happens sometimes... » | Blogger banned in India » | Phone Tag » | In time we hate that which we often fear... » | Wishful Thinking » | calciare dell'asino francese ! » | Tanned, happy & relaxed » | It's Going Doooown » | Road Trippin' Songs »

Summer Concert Anyone?

I guess there is NO good decent concert going on around my city 'til September :-(

Damn!

Although I do hope to make it to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in October in Columbus or Cleveland. But they've already been here so many times before... I guess in the Rock scenario, only the Foo Fighters, The Who and The Rolling Stones interest me. But meh, AS IF they'll ever come to the mid-west.

In the Pop section, I'd love to watch a Shakira concert. But she's sticking to the east/west coasts this year *sigh*

Now R&B has been interesting lately. Not only do we have a ton of hip-hop, R&B and rap concerts, but we even have the T.I. shooting fiasco on our very own I-75 highway. India Arie is performing on 5th August at the P&G Hall (w00t!... although I ain't going to it). We've got 3 Doors Down coming to Cleveland this September (again... sheesh!), Death Cab for Cutie somewhere around Ohio in September, JAMES BLUNT IN OCTOBER (YAY!), but again in Cleveland (I think I'm gonna move there during summer if another concert is performed there), Aerosmith (!) in Columbus this September, Poison (!!) this July, BUT IN Columbus (grr!). Half of everyone's concerts are either in NJ or NY or CA. wtf...

Anyway...

Everyone HAS TO go to a hip-hop/rap concert at least once. Well, I say so 'cuz:

1. They're LOUD and THUMPING (and that's how a real concert should be, aye? 'til you blow out your ear drums)
2. Even if you can't stand them, a good company can actually have you nodding your head and screaming at the top of your voice to be heard (and like it)
3. You can tell your kids how hoarse one single concert had left you (and have a couple of more stories to go along with that)
4. You can not get bored. If you don't like the music, there's always a lot "watching" to do (t'is true! *grins*)
5. You will end up getting their ringtone (yes, the one you hated before). Really...

Under this category *ahem* we've got Sean Paul coming to Cleveland on 31st August. Going to his concert would make up for all those concerts I didn't go to the last few weeks (we had a huge hip-hop concert with lots of people performing)...

Now if there's one concert I wouldn't go to even if you bought me a ticket is Mariah Carey's. God...

I liked her a lot before, but the number of times I've heard her on the radio, her whiny voice makes me shudder and wish I listened to some country.

And I don't like country.

Now it's decision-making time. And boy, is our Nati (atleast the areas around it) a lil' popular this summer!


Information source: TicketsNow.com